Buying an exercise bike is a great investment in your health. But when there are so many options to choose from, how do you know which route to go?
ProForm and Peloton both make a great home exercise bike. You can get a discount on the ProForm Studio Bike Pro with our exclusive promo code, saving an addition $50 on top of any ProForm sales and promotions currently happening. While this is an enticing feature in favor of ProForm, let’s compare it against the Peloton to see what else there is to consider.
Right off the bat, you’ll notice the price discrepancy. We’re talking about home exercise bikes that range between $1250 and $2700. It’s hard to compare equipment with such varying price ranges because you’ll typically see the less expensive machine has fewer bells and whistles while the more expensive machine has lots of fun extras. Let’s first take a look at WHY the price difference exists by seeing what you get for $1450 more when you buy the Peloton.
Why The $1450 Price Difference?
Here’s what you get for an extra $1450 when you buy the Peloton. It’s not much.
- More screen – 11.5” more, to be exact. ProForm and Peloton have HD Touchscreen displays and they’re both very good.
Left to right 180-degree rotation
Up and down tilt
Up and down tilt
- Live studio classes (both subscription services offer TONS of on-demand classes)
- Screen Casting (ProForm uses HDMI)
- Manual resistance knob (ProForm uses digital controls for adjusting resistance)
- Shorter warranty
- Two water bottle cradles (ProForm has one water bottle cage)
- 305 lb weight capacity (Proform has a 250 lb weight capacity)
Save Money And Get More With The ProForm Studio Bike Pro
You get a handful of upgrades when you buy the Peloton over the ProForm Studio Bike Pro, but they’re not worth an additional $1450. Also, here are a few things that the ProForm has that the Peloton doesn’t:
- Weighted dumbells (Peloton offers dumbells for an additional cost)
- Automatically adjusted resistance to follow along with the class you’re viewing
- 180-degree screen rotation (left to right) + Verticle tilt (up and down) (Peloton can only tilt up and down)
- Fans mounted to the console
Similar Features You’ll Find On Both Exercise Bikes
The frames and features of the Peloton and ProForm Studio Bike Pro are very similar. Below is a list of components both bikes have in common.
An adjustable saddle
Adjustable post height
Adjustable handlebar height
Welded steel construction
- ProForm (1, Cage)
- Peloton (2, Cradle)
2 Wheels for easier transportation of the bike
- ProForm – Front mounted flywheel
- Peloton – Front mounted flywheel
Steel crank arms
- ProForm – Toe Cage. Reverse side is clipless, cageless, flat.
- Peloton – Tri-bolt cleat compatible.
Monthly subscription service
- ProForm -iFit $15+/month, Free for the first year.
- Peloton – Peloton Digital $39/month
Tilting display (up and down)
Save Even More On Your ProForm Studio Bike Pro Purchase With Our Exclusive Promo Code
By selecting the banner above, you’ll be redirected to ProForm.com to view the Studio Bike Pro. Add the bike to your shopping cart and you’ll automatically receive a discount from our exclusive ProForm promo code.
You can receive a discount on any ProForm bike, elliptical, treadmill, HIIT trainer, or rower. Our coupons get customers an additional 5% off anything at ProForm when the purchase total is at least $899.